Pick one category from the fiction elements below and post your answers for it — only one per person with no doubling up. If you pick characters from another story, then you have to specify which four traits you want them to exhibit.
If all the categories get filled, then in the next week or two I’ll see if I can turn the specifications you give me into a short piece of fiction and post the final under Free Fiction on my website. I’ll keep the stories limited to about 2,000 to 5,000 words/8-20 pages, so that I don’t impact my novel writing schedule too much. After I post, everyone can vote/comment on if I was able to pull off the challenge, or not.
Like before, if you’re one of my subscribers, you get a fifteen minute head start on this before the announcement goes to everyone else. Good luck to all of you in getting your comments in!
And remember, perfectionism is not a requirement in this game, only fun!
– Genre: choose from comedy, thriller, mystery, scifi, fantasy, western, or historical. The amount of romance incorporated will be up to me, but heat level will be no higher than PG-13. I try to keep my website appropriate for most age groups.
– Protagonist: one person choose gender, physical description and age. Another person post the character’s four main traits–shy, crafty, cynical…that sort of thing, and a name (optional).
– Antagonist: same directions as protagonist.
– One more character: same directions as protagonist. I’ll choose what role they’ll play, but commenters are free to make suggestions.
– Main problem the protagonist faces.
– Secondary problem the protagonist faces.
Have all the elements filled in by 10:30 AM Monday (1/21), or I’m off the hook. If that happens, we’ll try again next week.
Woo-hoo! Let the games begin!