Underneath the spy stuff, Alex is a straight-forward guy of simple tastes and hearty appetites — for all kinds of things, including Piper! 😉
For the main course, here’s Steak and Potato Cattlemen’s Soup from Busy People’s Slow Cooker Cookbook.
- 2 ½ cups (1 pound) leftover cooked eye of round steak, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 ½ cups (2 large potatoes) leftover, fully cooked potatoes (w/ skins)
- 4 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup chopped onions (frozen work well)
- 1 (1.25 oz) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 4 cups water
Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. In the cooker, combine all ingredients and mix well.
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Yields 6 1-cup servings.
To fill out the meal, heat up a package of rolls (we like Udi’s Gluten-Free dinner rolls) and add salad or sautéed veggies, and you have some serious comfort food for dinner.
If you really want to go all out, make Chocolate Ginger Spice Squares from Low Fat & Light Four Ingredient Cookbook:
- 1 pkg dry gingerbread mix
- 2 (3.4 oz) packages fat-free chocolate pudding mix (not instant)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
Combine ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer 1 minute on medium speed. Pour into a 13x9x2 inch nonstick cake pan and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Allow to cool slightly or chill. Cut into squares and serve.
Light a fire in the fireplace or put on an old movie and settle in for a warm, comfortable evening. Happy eating!